With the news that I’ve launched makesynthsnotwar.com, I’m getting a lot of enquiries about what I expect to add to the product range over the coming months.
Here’s a rough brain-dump of what I have in mind for the year ahead…
- A MIDI/analog Master Clock, similar in essence to this project
- A simple manual gates module
- A MIDI Thru module, with outputs in both DIN and 3.5mm jack formats
- A very simple vactrol-controlled filter (make your own vactrols!)
- A clock-synced gate delay/echo module
- A MIDI-controlled gates module – make synth gates from a MIDI pad controller
- A voltage ramp generator, with controls for up/down, start and end voltages
- A power supply, to the same format and footprint as the MiniBus PCB
- A MIDI distribution board, to the same format and footprint as the MiniBus PCB
- A 5V supply, to the same format and footprint as the MiniBus PCB (for integration into existing cases where there’s no third rail)
- A mounting system for all of the above, probably based on MakerBeam or OpenBeam
That’s the list at the moment, I’m sure it’ll evolve. If there’s a killer idea that you’d like to see built, drop me a line!